Answering YOUR questions Part 1!  

Posted by Mathew C. Walker in , , , , , , ,

"It is important to Do good, but we need to focus more on the Being good. We all need to make that inner change" 
-A quote from my aunt who posted on my facebook the other day. 

Today let us look at why this quote means so much to me!!! the other day I got in a car accident... That's new news ain't it!!! Well this is something very valuable I learned. You see I had always lived my life that "Image is everything, If I look good then it doesn't matter what I'm like on the inside.

View the image of this room which used to be exactly how I lived my life. You see I figured "No one saw the inside of my apartment so I didn't really care what it looked like. While this was the inside I made sure the outside looks flawless. I mean just look at this beauty!!!


But since the accident I've learned a very valuable lesson, It doesn't really matter what it looks like on the outside at all, what matters is whats on the inside! So to relate this back to the initial quote, we must remember that no matter how much we focus on the desire to "do good" we must never forget that we must BE GOOD. There is a fine line between showing that you are good and knowing within that you are Christlike. Strive in all things to be as Christ was!!!!

This entry was posted on Thursday, August 25, 2011 at 1:22 PM and is filed under , , , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Yup, that is your room all right:)

Thanks for the reminder Elder that it really is what is on the inside that counts. As I start a new school year I have decided to be a kinder, gentler person no matter what the outside influences are. I think that is what Christ would want us to do. Love you Elder Walker. Keep up the great work, and I think you are pretty remarkable both on the inside and outside.

August 25, 2011 at 3:47 PM

Post a Comment