Answering more questions  

Posted by Mathew C. Walker

Sorry I have been so slow to answer ya'll's questions, but I am back and todays entry will be a shorter one and if time allows I will expand if questions are unanswered. Someone who just finished the Miracle of Forgiveness was wanting to know the difference between being perfect and being worthy, and I think this is an amazing question that I will try to do justice so first. Worthy is being able to honestly answer the questions that are asked you in an interview with someone who holds greater authority. For those of you who this doesn't make sense to let me explain. Before someone is baptized they are given an interview to see if they are worthy or ready to take on this commitment to the lord. Someone who is worthy is someone who is capable of honestly standing up for those things that have been done. Perfection on the other hand isn't something we do it's a gift that as we live worthy we will ultimately be able to obtain through the Atonement of Christ. So to me the biggest difference is one is the way we act (WORTHY) and one is our gift because of how we act (PERFECTION)! hope that answered some concerns!

This entry was posted on Thursday, September 1, 2011 at 12:58 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

I had someone ask me how we could take the sacrament if we are not perfect. I really didn't know how to answer that. Now I do. I never thought of it that way. Interesting point.

September 1, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Post a Comment