Because My mommy asked me to  

Posted by Mathew C. Walker in , , , , , ,

Today I figured I would simply post my testimony because like the title says "MY MOMMY ASKED ME TO" her words were "One of the most powerful things you have is your testimony. When in doubt bear it. My favorite blogs are yours and Elder Dyes because you do relate them to personal experiences so how do we overcome the Goliaths in our life?" So to answer my mother's question, I will simply bare my testimony!


To begin I'd like to say I dearly love each and everyone of you who read this. You bring joy to my heart, and I just hope the things I type and say might touch your heart, because I know that I simply type what is on my mind and in my heart. It is my hope and prayer that the Spirit will touch you as it touches me as I write. I know, without a shadow of a doubt that God has restored his church on the earth today through a Prophet. I know that Amos taught us so many years ago that this is how God works. That God works through his prophets, and I know that Joseph Smith is that Prophet that God has worked through for us today.

I also know that each of us can know "the truth all things by the power of the Holy Ghost." All these things I know because I initially had a desire to know. In this universal truth I hope that I can answer my mom's question, HOW DO WE OVERCOME OUR GOLIATHS. Desire is that answer. Such a simple word can take each and everyone of us to a new understanding of how God works.

It was Desire that Abraham had to follow the things that he was commanded to. It was desire that made Noah build a boat. It was Adam's desire to be able to multiply and replenish the earth and made him fall into his transgression. We too must have desire before anything can happen. Whether it's for the right or the wrong, the things we bring to pass come with desire. So it is my hope that we desire to do good. I know that if you truly desire to know if the things I have shared with you today are true than you can put these words into action:

"And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things."(Moroni 10:4-5)

I too would exhort each and every one of you to read the Book of Mormon and pray to our loving God and ask if the book is true. As you pursue this course with nothing wavering Moroni's promise will come to life for you and this I know to be true because I myself have taken this exact challenge to the test, I have solemnly read and prayed about the Book, and I can say for myself I know it is true. Let this be my witness to each and everyone of you that I know the Book of Mormon to be the word of God and you can to if you so desire. In other words I would like to add my testimony of the Book of Mormon to that testimony of the beloved Apostle of the Lord, Jeffrey R. Holland:

"I ask that my testimony of the Book of Mormon and all that it implies, given today under my own oath and office, be recorded by men on earth and angels in heaven.... I want it absolutely clear when I stand before the judgment bar of God that I declared to the world, in the most straightforward language I could summon, that the Book of Mormon is true, that it came forth the way Joseph said it came forth and was given to bring happiness and hope to the faithful in the travail of the latter days."

These are the things that I know to be true and I solemnly declare them in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ Amen

This entry was posted on Thursday, September 8, 2011 at 1:09 PM and is filed under , , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment