All you are is Mean  

Posted by Mathew C. Walker in , , , , , ,


Musical Monday already??? WOW Let me begin by writing a little jingle just for musical Monday: Here goes nothing
It's musical Monday
Better than fun friday
so Gather around the computer
Drop all your school books and your tutor
And come read the most fun blog
With music to help take you out of the FOG
OH it's Musical Monday where everything is musical
all because it's Monday
and music on Monday is miraculously memorifical
YAH!!!

So today by the title you might of figured out that I'm doing the song "Mean" by Taylor Swift. Which hint hint might help you find the egg today wink ;) wink. So Taylor Swift just so happened to write all her songs on her most recent CD about a guy in her life... not releasing who. I'm convinced this song is about Satan. We will go through the song and Satan's traps will be opened up to our eyes! So here goes nothing!
"You, with your words like knives and swords and weapons that you use against me
You have knocked me off my feet again got me feeling like I'm nothing
You, with your voice like nails on a chalkboard, calling me out when I'm wounded
You, pickin' on the weaker man

Well, you can take me down with just one single blow
But you don't know what you don't know"
I really love this verse of the song because it's so true. Satan comes attacking us with everything trying his hardest to knock us down and make us feel like nothing. Luckily we have something "sharper than a two edged sword" to fight back. God's word. We can find all things to get back on our feet in the scriptures (see D&C 6:2) He comes in our most weakest moments and it seems quite often that he truly does get to us. Later in the song Taylor Swift further explain the attitude we must have to show Satan who's boss.
And I can see you years from now in a bar, talking over a football game
With that same big loud opinion but nobody's listening
Washed up and ranting about the same old bitter things
Drunk and grumbling on about how I can't sing

But all you are is mean
All you are is mean and a liar and pathetic and alone in life
And mean, and mean, and mean, and mean

But someday I'll be living in a big old city
And all you're ever gonna be is mean, yeah
Someday, I'll be big enough so you can't hit me
And all you're ever gonna be is mean

We must learn from this. We must tell the Devil what's up. All he is is mean and a liar and pathetic and alone in life and we can't succumb to what he wants because someday we'll be living in heaven and the Devil is still going to be that same old mean man down in hell. Let's show the devil what's up and be nice to all!

This entry was posted on Monday, April 11, 2011 at 9:21 AM and is filed under , , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment