Basketball it's my favorite Sport!  

Posted by Mathew C. Walker in , , , , , , , ,

I was thinking about putting musical Monday on hiatis for the NBA playoffs to talk more about how the gospel aligns so great with basketball, but instead I think I'll tie that into a great song by Lil Bow Wow called "Basketball"

They're playing basketball
We love that basketball
They're playing basketball
We love that basketball

Now basketball is my favorite sport
I like the way they dribble up and down the court
 Now I just want ya'll to imagine the game of basketball and think about the game in general to the reality of life. This analogy will relate to you exactly the correlation of life and the game of basketball! So let's get playing! Think of the court as this world, each and everyone one of us as a basketball player on the court! I know that's awesome ain't it! So we were sent down here to play this game, to be tested to make sure we are the best we can be! Luckily we don't have to just jump right into the game we've been given a great Coach, our Dad. His name is God. He has been through it all and just you he knows exactly what you need in order to have fun on the court and win the game! He's the best coach you can ask for! In a time even before you entered the game you were with him and he was teaching you all the plays in essence he was preparing you for that big game! Now it's game time, you are getting ready to enter this world and you are scared to death. You realize that your coach can't go out there with you, you are on your own now. You enter the court and your adrenaline kicks in and you forget everything that you've already learned. OH NO WHAT TO DO NOW. Luckily your coach knew that this was going to happen, he's had pass players on his team experience the same loss of memory, so he's prepared a way for us to remember what it was that he taught him. He's given us players who over time and experience has mastered the entire play book.

I like slam dunks that take me to the hoop
My favorite play is the ally-oop
I like the pick-n-roll, I like the give-n-go
And it's basketball, Bow Wow, let's go

As Lil Bow Wow's song clearly shows there are a lot of plays in that playbook that can be done in the game of basketball. It is not an easy task to remember them all. Luckily God as our coach knew we'd forget what he taught us while we were with him, so he gave us a playbook we could use on the court. It's called the Holy Scriptures and it will teach you all things that you must do! Pretty cool ain't it!!! Eventually as time goes on and we get a couple fouls as long as we play according to that playbook we will be able to one day exit the court and go party in the locker room with your coach or in this case party in heaven with GOD!!!!
So always keep in mind lil bow wow's words "Now basketball is my favorite sport
I like the way they dribble up and down the court,"
but think of it in the spiritual sense. Now God's game of basketball is my favorite sport, I like that play book that teaches me to dribble up and down the court!

This entry was posted on Monday, April 18, 2011 at 8:57 AM and is filed under , , , , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Don't love the music, but do love the message. And I think the most important play book we have on earth is The Book of Mormon. Everybody should read it, it will change your life!

April 18, 2011 at 11:24 AM

Post a Comment