NBA PLAYOFFS!!  

Posted by Mathew C. Walker in , , , , , , ,

The NBA Playoffs have come around once again and we all probably know who is going to win... or at least have an idea to is going to, but that's not the point of this post, no matter how much I wish I could rant about how my team is the best and how there is no way that they can lose however no I want to rather relate a pretty good team The Lakers style of play to the Gospel of Christ. I use this quite often in my teaching because how much I love basketball so hang in there now and get ready for a slam dunk of the Gospel!


So a little bit of an explanation to the triangle offense the Lakers use to help everyone understand where I'm going to be coming from.In the triangle offense every pass and cut has a purpose and everything is dictated by the defense, and yes that is from wikipedia... don't judge me for using such a horrible source it's just that they put it quite simply and it is an explanation that will work for our purposes.


So view this Image and recognize that there are 3 separate people that the one player can look to in the triangle offense. It works out perfectly. It's also weird how in life we too have 3 people we ought to look to when times are rough: God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. The triangle offense works spendidly off of what the defense does, When properly used there will always be someone there open no matter what the defense does. Likewise as opposition comes flying our way as we all know it will, no matter what we always have 3 people there and open for us. They are never guarded by the defense, making our triangle offense against the devil a lot better then any NBA teams! Don't ever be discouraged when you are being guarded by the worst opponent ever because you can always pass the ball to your teammates. Man's Triangles Offense sometimes doesn't work, but God's always will! Don't be afraid to pass your ball to your teamates of life anytime, God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost!

This entry was posted on Saturday, April 16, 2011 at 2:49 PM and is filed under , , , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

I think this is my favorite post! I loved how you related the Lakers to our own game of life. Interesting & great job Elder.

April 16, 2011 at 6:04 PM

Post a Comment