"This is an email from my missionary mom's group from a member who was in the Japanese earthquake. She has given permission for it to be shared with others. It is quite a powerful testimony of how much the Lord helps us in times of trial. I thought you might like it for your Tired of Me Tuesday since your sister is working at the temple and has no p day.
I will be sending out the testimonies of two Japanese sisters who were in the earthquake. You may want to share these during your FHE. This is the first one.

Intro from Hiroko Bunderson:
'Here is the testimony My friend in Sendai had already received permission from the sisters to share her testimonywith us and others. I would love to share her testimony with everybody so we can be strengthened also.

When we translate the testimony, we tried to explain a little bit so other people who are not familiar with Japanese custom can understand but we didn't add too much either.
Thanks,
Hiroko'

Here is a testimony of a sister in Nagamachi Ward who walked from Tagajo to Natori, Sendai which is about 12 miles distance.

I was washed away while I was still in my car when the Tsunami hit after the great earthquake. The water depth was about 10 feet at that time. I was finally able to escape from the car window when my car came to a place where I was able to stand. (With the help of firefighters) I stayed at somebody’s house that night and I started walking to my house the next morning. I received much help from kind people and finally was able to get home. There were many things on the ground in my house when I get home, but I somehow managed to clean up all the mess.

When I was walking to my house, there were many places that were full of water where I couldn’t walk and I just walked along the railroad. When I was walking to my house, I was reminded of stories of pioneers who were on the way to Utah. Especially, I have been studying about Marry Fielding Smith and I knew her faith and strength. Her story encouraged me while I was walking home and I was able to persevere. Although the times are different, I think I was able to reach my home just like she walked her trail of faith.

When I got home, many people were struggling with the lack of food. Especially, the elderly people at the nursing homes were having a hard time finding their food and I was able to donate from my one-year’s food supply to them. It was a pleasure for me to do so. Last November, our Bishop in Nagamachi Ward was inspired to study about disaster prevention and food storage so we were studying about these things. I am really grateful for his inspiration.

Through my experiences this time, I learned how important it is to be obedient to the Lord’s commandments. I am grateful that I was able to receive strength through studying the history of these sisters.

There are many people who died in this disaster, however I am still here because of the Lord’s will. I think I still have a mission to do. I plan to tell my experiences to children and continue to pray so we will be able to hold on to the iron rod.

I am grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ.
I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Hideko Uchiyama"


Hopefully you all were as touched by this as I was. Keep treading and be obedient to God and the He will bless us!

This entry was posted on Tuesday, April 12, 2011 at 12:21 PM and is filed under , , , , , , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment