God's Ways are not our Ways  

Posted by Mathew C. Walker

Since I have no clue what to write on today I figured why not put this post in the hands of God, since that is what I should be doing anyways. So who is God? To me God is our loving Heavenly Father who helps me out in times of need. My mom has been bugging me to share a story about how God has helped me on my mission that relates to Dogs. Now keep in mind that as I write this you are going to think this Elder Walker kid is CRAZY,,, but I swear... I am for one and two I just love God! So there I was Paris TN and my companion and I had been walking for quite sometime (we walked a lot!) A car then pulled up next to us and stopped us, our initial instinct was sweet teach them the Gospel, but this family seemed sad. So our next stupor of thought was "what is wrong?" They then asked us if we had seen a dog running around; They had lost their puppy. :( We let them know we haven't but took down their address and told them if we found the puppy we would let them know! So next we put things in God's hands since we recognized that we could never do anything on our own. It was only going to be with God's help that we would be able to help out that family! So we prayed with all diligence and all intentions that God would lead us to that dog! So as we stood from our prayer never before in my life have I heard so many dogs barking at one time! It was strange, it was as if the dogs knew that we were looking for a dog and they were going to make it as hard as possible for us to find that one dog we were searching for. Even with so many barking distractions we began our search for "The Dog." Following the guidance of the Spirit we were lead to the main street. On the corner there was a dog who is normally extra quite but this time he barked loudly at us. Barking and then pushing his head in a certain direction, we decided to have a little fun while searching for the dog so we followed the direction the dog was pointing... since everyone knows Dog's know where all their friends are... So we continued in the Direction the dog pointed us( of course if the Spirit hadn't said go that way too we wouldn't have, but it did so we went!) As we got to the bottom of the hill all the Dog's barks stopped with the exception of one dog that was near us. And we both stopped... that must be "the Dog." It felt as if to the both of us the dog's bark was a distinct "HELP" This led us to knock on the door of where the dog's bark came from. From this day I do not know what I said to the man, but he assured us that the dog in his backyard was his, so sadly we had not yet found "the Dog," However the owner of this dog soon became a new investigator! Meanwhile we went back to God and prayed on what we should do. Both of us felt as if everything would be okay and we should just move on to our appointments. As time went by and days passed we were prompted to go check up on the house since we had gotten their address. No answer. This left us confuzzled. Why would God want us to come here if they weren't even home. The best way to find out questions of this or any questions is to ask god! We were then prompted to knock at the neighbors door. As we did this the nicest lady answered the door and immediately let us in! We got to talking about this exact story when she started crying. It turns out she accidentally let the dog out and has felt bad ever since and was just hoping for God's help in finding the dog. She was so happy to hear that messengers of Christ had searched for the dog and knew that the dog was fine! Not but two days latter were we back over at her house when she again immediately let us in and affirmed the miracles of God. The dog was back and the neighbors had found him after a good amount of time searching. I know that God does work miracles. That his ways are not our ways, but that he will always bless us when we need it most. I am so grateful for God leading us to this great women and her strength in following God. God's Way to Eternal Life outlines for us really what God has planned for each of us. I hope each and everyone of you recognize God's power in your life!

This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 9, 2011 at 12:39 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

I do love this story because it really teaches so much. First it let me know how God will lead us in HIS direction if we follow his guidance. In addition, I love that it reminds me that our dear pets can also be spiritually in tune to what is right & can help to further our Heavenly Father's plan. I am reading the Old Testament right now and in Numbers 22 & 23 it talks of the donkey who saved his rider's life because he was in tune with the spirit. (even though his owner was not!) Thanks for sharing.

March 9, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Post a Comment