Charity, The Pure Love of Christ  

Posted by Mathew C. Walker

While reading this morning in the New Era I came to this article! I'd exhort you to read it and let me know what you think! I realize it isn't Christmas time right now, however I don't think the gift of Charity is something that should just be reserved for Christmas. Moroni 7:45-47 teaches us how important Charity is! It's the pure love of Christ. It will never parish and will always bring happiness into our souls. Allow me to relate this to a story of my own while out here on the mission. For Christmas my parents sent out Toy Story 3 so we could watch it for New Years as our one G rated film (as missionaries in the TNM we were privileged to watch a G rated movie this last new years!)! However since it is not a normal occurrence to be able to watch movies as a missionary I would have had to send the DVD home after I was done. In the couple following weeks I hadn't had the chance or money to send the DVD home and that's when it hit me, instead of keeping it for myself I would give the DVD to a wonderful family with Children. The family I chose to give it to has an autistic child and 2 other younger children both under the age of 12. The joy and happiness on their faces are unmeasurable by any temporal blessing in life. The love they expressed back can not be duplicated it could just simply be described as the pure love of Charity!

This entry was posted on Tuesday, March 1, 2011 at 12:31 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment