The Spirit  

Posted by Mathew C. Walker

"The Spirit of God, like a fire is burning" Never has such a phrase echoed the purpose of the Spirit more than the first line of The Spirit of God" hymn 2 in the LDS hymnal. "The Spirit of God, LIKE A FIRE IS BURNING" These simple words echoed over and over again establish the purpose of the Spirit to burn like a fire within each of hearts. Hearing this brings me back to the good ol' camp fires on the beach and just really being able to feel the warmth of that burning fire. The Spirit works in the same way within my heart and I love it! It is that comfort to each of us in hard times in our coldest hours, just as the fire is a comfort to us in that cold weather! I encourage each and every one you to take Moroni's promise to heart so that you too can feel that fire burning with in your heart, that comfort to us all in hard times.I hope that you might be able to find the joy that so many others have been able to find! I exhort you to read the Book of Mormon and to ponder it and then to kneel down and pray, ask God the source of all our answers. On the basis you do these things I promise you will feel "The Spirit of God, Like a fire is burning"

This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at 1:12 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment