A prayer never hurts  

Posted by Mathew C. Walker

This morning as I pondered what to study I picked up an old ensign from February of 2001. Within it the article "Turn Here" caught my attention! A wonderful story on how a mothers prayer saved the life of her son! It reminded me of the story of Alma the younger. Alma's father grieved for the salvation of his son who went about as the "most vilest of sinners!" There was nothing more than a prayer from Alma that changed the life for his son! Parents recognize the importance of prayer in your lives for your children! A prayer to God never seizes to create miracles. Now I couldn't end this blog without relating a story to the children as well. within that same February Ensign was another touching story on prayer. Within the article "Go Check on Wendy" by Darlene Joy Nichols we can recognize the importance of a child's prayer. No matter how young, no matter how small a prayer to God helps us all!

This entry was posted on Thursday, March 3, 2011 at 8:34 AM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Elder Walker, your post reminded me of how much Heavenly Father loves us, listens & answers our prayers. What struck me hardest about your stories is the fact that Heavenly Father answered both prayers by using the Holy Ghost to inspire others. I realize how vital it is to act when prompted to do something so that I can be a conduit to helping the Lord assist others. Thank you for this important reminder, & I promise I will continually pray for you. (And I know our Heavenly Father will always listen:)

March 3, 2011 at 9:08 PM

Post a Comment