What If  

Posted by Mathew C. Walker in , , , , , , , , ,

What if nobody likes me
what if I don't succeed
What if I give it all that I've got
and I still don't got what they need
What if I don't get anywhere at all
Will I consider myself a failure
will I be that small
Plain White T's in their song, What If describes to the tee the feelings of so many people today. What if nobody likes me what if i don't succeed. More and more we as humans let the Devil get a hold of us and push us deep into the dirt making us feel like no matter how much we give and how much we try it's never enough. It reminds me of the scriptural story of the Widow's Mite. After we give all that we have given we must not get down on ourselves and say what if they "still don't got what they need." Christ has said that although the Widow cast in very little, "She hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury." Her 2 mites although not enough to really provide a persons needs was enough in God's eyes. 

What if they don't like me
what if they think I'm a joke
What if they act nice to my face
But they hate me and I don't even know
What if they end up stabbing me in the back
Will I consider myself a failure or will I fight back

A lot of times as we feel alone and like no one is there for us we start to think those people that truly are there for us will eventually just let us down. We start to doubt what if they don't like me. What if they are just playing a joke on me. What if this is all fake. We must not doubt. Doubt and Faith contradict. We must have the faith that all will work out. That those friends we find do love us and we must show that we won't let nothing stop us in our path closer to Christ! Richard C. Edgley expressed his desire that more people look to faith in the last October general conference: Faith-The Choice is Yours. "Choose faith over doubt, choose faith over fear, choose faith over the unknown and the unseen, and choose faith over pessimism."

I'm gonna keep trying
getting denied just makes me want it more
I'll keep trying and each time push harder than before
I can't live my life always worried about what if
'Cause what if I die tomorrow
Then I never even lived
 Imagine if Christ would've let loneliness stop him. Imagine if Christ would have stopped at doubt. His amazing Atonement would have ceased to be of any worth, however he didn't. He kept trying, and with each deny He knew how much more important what He was doing was to the world. Each time he got denied it made him push harder than before. He made it so he wouldn't have to say "what if i died tomorrow then i never even lived." He lived, he died and He did it all for us. So that we might not experience the loneliness or doubt. That we might look to him in those hardest of times and realize he is always there. His life was great, his death was remarkable, and his resurrection stands as a testimony to us that He LIVES. It reminds me so vividly of a talk by Jeffrey R. Holland "None Were with Him" from the April 2009 conference. Christ lived. Christ was denied. Christ felt abandoned and He did all this so that we WILL NOT be abandoned. Christ is always by our side. His atonement was suffered for us and we shall never forget what he has done for us. Anyone who is doubting or feeling alone. Remember what Christ did and partake of that great atonement. Christ loves you!


This entry was posted on Friday, March 25, 2011 at 9:34 AM and is filed under , , , , , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment