If you're going through Hell  

Posted by Mathew C. Walker

I LOVE COUNTRY MUSIC:  The more and more I think about the music I listened to before my mission the more and more I recognize that it so perfectly ties into the Gospel. Jeffrey R. Holland taught so perfectly this principle when he wrote in the May 2001 Ensign article "Witnesses unto Me"  "I promise you that something in what they say will always highlight a truth of the gospel about which you can bear testimony and about which you can then offer more." Today I will relate the truth of the gospel to Rodney Atkins' song "If You're Going through Hell" Maybe sometime I'll think of a harder song to relate it to but for now this one explains trials in our life just too swell!

Well I been deep down in that darkness
I been down to my last match
Felt a hundred different demons

Breathing fire down my back
And I knew that if I stumbled
I'd fall right into the trap that they were laying, yeah

But the good news
Is there's angels everywhere out on the street
Holding out a hand to pull you back up on your fee
The one's that you've been dragging for so long
You're on your knees
You might as well be praying

Guess what I'm saying 
If your going through hell 
Keep on going, don't slow down 
If you're scared don't show it 
You might get out Before the devil even knows you're there 

A lot of us find it hard in life when we face trials to really know what to do and where to go for help. Sometimes we feel like we are in the deepest pits of darkness. I know personally that I've been there experienced exactly what Rodney Atkins is describing; I've been able to experience the feeling as if there were hundreds of demons setting traps to drag me deeper into despair. Luckily though, just as Rodney describes Angels are constantly in our streets... Moroni 7:22-25 testifies to the truthfullness of angels being there to "minister unto the children of men." I know just as well that angels are here to help me! About a year ago I got a special letter from home which contained the testimony from my Father (The first time my dad had ever bore his testimony). Within that letter my dad made it very obvious that the way I could improve my life is to "walk as if Christ was literally standing behind me... because he is" I encourage you all to do the same thing walk as if Christ is there helping you every step of the way and if any point in time "your going through hell. Keep on going, don't slow down. If your scared, don't show it. You might get out before the devil even knows your there"

This entry was posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2011 at 10:11 AM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment